Terms and Conditions
1. If the photographer cannot adequately shoot the property once they arrive due to reasons beyond our control (such as, but not limited to a) unable to gain access to the property b) excessive clutter and mess c) unrestrained animals d) no electricity) you will be charged 50% of the total order or $150, whichever is greater. Please review the home prep guide and make certain arrangements have been made to access the property prior to scheduling a shoot.
2. If access is granted without an agent, agent representative, or homeowner being present, it is the agent’s responsibility to request permission from the homeowner for the photographer to enter the property alone.
3. All animals must be restrained, crated, and removed from the listing during the entirety of the shoot. Staircase Photo & Video reserved the right to cancel any shoot where animals are unrestrained and/or impacting the photographer’s ability to do their job.
4. It is the agent’s and/or homeowner’s responsibility to have the home in photo-ready condition prior to the photographer arriving. The photographer may make minor adjustments to improve the shot, but they will not move furniture or make significant changes, clean the home, etc. Be sure to read the home prep guide several days prior to your shoot to make sure you are ready to capture the best photos possible. Staircase Photo & Video is not responsible for any items left in visible sight and subsequently photographed.
5. If, for any reason, you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment please give 24 hours’ notice so we can reschedule you at a more appropriate time and open your time slot to others. Cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice may incur a $50 cancellation fee.
6. Please make any special requests known to the photographer before the shoot begins, including specific shots, angles and the like. Otherwise, the photographer will shoot the home based on experience, the home’s condition, lighting, and other factors to get the best possible shots. That sometimes means making compromises when it is necessary to shoot around things or compensate for the angle of the sun. We do not photograph garages, closets, and unfinished areas unless specifically requested.
7. Photos of community amenities are not included. When requested prior to the day of the shoot, we will do our best to accommodate, and these photos may incur an additional charge. Photos of area landmarks, shopping, or other points of interest must be requested in advance and may require a separate trip. These photos will incur an additional charge.
8. Turnaround time for photos and video is 24 hours. 48 hours for all other services. Although you may get them back in less time, we cannot guarantee it.
9. Payment is due prior to your scheduled shoot.
10. In the event of unfavorable weather on the day of your shoot, you may opt to reschedule for our next available opening. You may also opt to proceed with the shoot as originally scheduled regardless of weather conditions. In this case please understand that your photos will reflect the weather conditions at the time of the shoot – clouds, rain, etc. Prices do not include digital processing to correct for unfavorable weather conditions (clouds, rain, etc.) when and if those corrections are possible. In some severe weather conditions, we cannot risk damage to the camera equipment and will not be able to shoot regardless. In those instances, your shoot may be rescheduled for our next available opening.
11. All photos produced for the client may be used by that agent for all marketing associated with the current sale of the property in accordance with local MLS rules. Please note that the photos will be copyrighted by the photographer and a license granted only to the agent and NOT to any third party. Any usage of the photos by a third party, including but not limited to architects, builders, stagers, designers, sellers or buyers is prohibited unless approved in writing by the photographer.
12. Virtual Photo Tour Videos are a selection of photos and music presented as a video. Videos are not created until the photoshoot is paid in full. The number of bedrooms and bathrooms, along with the square footage, must be updated in the project before the video can be created. If the video needs to be re-created for any reason, you will be charged $15.
13. Full refunds are only given when you cancel your shoot at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled time. Once your shoot has occurred, you have 7 days to inform Staircase Photo & Video of any issues regarding your order. Staircase Photo & Video will attempt to work with you to address any concerns. No refunds will be given once your shoot has occurred. If a mutually agreeable resolution can’t be achieved, a credit will be provided for future orders equal to the service in question. No refunds or credits are available for Matterport Services, Virtual Photo Tour Videos, Sky Replacement, Dusk Sky Replacement, or Floor Plans.
14. Matterport 3D Immersion includes 60 days of hosting for your tour. 14 days prior to the expiration of your hosting, you will be notified by email that your tour is expiring, and you can extend your hosting for three (3) additional months for $50. Longer hosting periods are available upon request.
15. These terms were last updated on May 20, 2021 and may be modified at any time without notice.